Chicken Marinade Recipe: (serves 6-8)
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp Tamari
1/2 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp agave nectar
16 chicken tenders
1. In a medium bowl combine broth, Tamari, rice vinegar, ground ginger, garlic powder and agave nectar. Place chicken tenders in a large resealable bag or shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over the top so that the chicken is mostly submerged. Allow chicken to marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Grill chicken on outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160'F. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
Almond Satay Dipping Sauce Recipe:
4 tbsp smooth almond butter
2 tbsp agave nectar
4 tbsp oat milk (or coconut milk)
1-1/2 tbsp tamari
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
Directions: In a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients for the sauce until well combined and smooth. Drizzle sauce over chicken and bring more to the table for dipping.
Spring Rolls Recipe: (makes 12 rolls)
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 cups mushrooms, sliced
4 heads bok choy, julienne
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
2 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp tamari
1 tsp mushroom powder, optional (ground dehydrated mushrooms see *TIP* below)
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of edamame, shelled (frozen is okay too)
12 spring roll papers (rice or tapioca paper)
Finely grind dehydrated mushrooms in a food processor or spice grinder
and add the fine powder to your dishes for added savory flavor
1. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and mushrooms. Saute mushrooms until they are tender and browned, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the bok choy, carrots, celery and radishes to the pan and saute for about 2-4 minutes more. Add the chicken broth, tamari, mushroom powder, ginger, and salt and saute over medium heat about 7-10 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
3. If using frozen edamame, place shelled edemame in a small bowl and cover with water; microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add edamame to the veggies in the pan.