Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Recipe: (serves 4)
extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~6 ounces each)
1 large shallot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 sprigs rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper, cook in a large skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil for 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken, keep warm with foil.
2. Reduce the heat and add tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the shallots, garlic and rosemary to the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the honey, then stir in the Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Add the chicken back to the pan and stir to coat on all sides with the glaze. Remove from the heat.
Wild rice for salad, also called "black rice"
Wild Rice Salad Recipe: (Serves 4-6)
for the salad:
2/3 cup brown rice
2/3 cup wild rice
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped and toasted
1 teaspoon orange zest
10 fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
1/4 cup red onion, diced
for the dressing:
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Add the rice and broth to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 45-50 minutes, or until all the liquid is evaporated and the rice is fully cooked. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
2. Toast the pistachios in a pan about 3 minutes, stirring often, cool.
3. Slice the orange into segments and add to the rice once it's cooled. Add the basil, onion and orange zest, stir to combine.
4. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, oil, orange juice, mustard, honey and salt in a small bowl. Pour over the rice mixture and toss to combine. Serve, topped with toasted pistachio nuts.