Recipe: (makes 12 scones)
2 tablespoons firm unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup pureed white beans (pureed in blender until smooth)
2 cups old fashion oatmeal
1 cup Pamala's Gluten Free all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3-1/2 cup frozen organic raspberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350'F. Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for ~1 minute. Add egg, vanilla, and bean puree and mix on med-low speed for 2 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: oats, salt, and Pamela's flour.
3. With mixer on low speed add the dry ingredients, slowly by the cup, into the wet. Once combined add the raspberries and mix only enough to combine.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes at 350'F until slightly golden and set.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 1/2 cups of dried white beans and flash boil them for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain and rinse well.
2. Place drained and rinsed beans in slow cooker and cover with 6 cups of water, cook on high setting for 4 hrs.
3. Allow cooked beans to cool slightly. Blend beans in a blender until smooth. Bean puree can be stored in fridge for up to 1 week or freeze them in ice cube trays (once frozen pop out cubes into a resealable plastic bag and they should keep for a few months)
Pureed beans after firming up in the fridge