I got these goodies in the mail from Udi's along with some great coupons!
Kale-Basil Pesto on top!
Mushroom Fennel Stuffing Recipe: (serves 8-10)
2 loaves Udi's Gluten Free Sandwich bread (either white or whole grain)
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
16 ounces baby bella or portabello mushrooms, sliced
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 celery stalks, sliced
1 small fennel bulb, diced, green stems and fronds removed & saved for another use
4 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
5-7 fresh sage leaves, julienne
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, stems removed
3 cups Organic Low Sodium chicken broth
3 eggs, well whisked
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450'F. Lightly butter your bread slices, place them on a baking sheet and bake about 5 minutes until just golden, flip over and bake an additional 2-3 minutes staying close to the oven to avoid burning. Let cool.
2. Turn oven down to 350'F. Cut each bread slice into about 9-12 cubes or break into small pieces with your hands and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. In a large pan saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add celery and fennel and saute another 3-4 minutes until all veggies are softened and fragrant. Add in 3-4 Tablespoons of butter and melt into the vegetables. The butter is optional but I like the huge flavor it gives the dish. Pour warm vegetables over the bread cubes.
4. To the bowl with the bread cubes and sauteed vegetables add the parsley, sage, thyme, chicken broth and eggs (be sure you whisk them beforehand). Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
5. Pour mixture into a large baking dish (13" x 9" dish or a large, oven safe, Dutch oven) coated with non-stick cooking spray, cover with lid or foil and bake at 350'F for 45 minutes, removing the foil or pot lid for the last 15 minutes of cooking to get a nice crispy top.